Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Occupational Certificates: A Fast Track To Career Success

On Tuesday, April 30, from 10am to noon, the Monmouth County Library Career Information Center will present a program on occupational certificates. In the current sluggish economy, obtaining occupational certificates may help you improve your work skills and your chances of getting a job. This program is based on information from the Winter 2012-2013 issue of the Occupational Outlook Quarterly which is free online at www.bls.gov/opub/ooq/2012/winter/home.com The program will address the following questions: What are occupational certificates? How can occupational certificates benefit me? What certificates are available for my occupation? How can I find a certificate program? Are online certificate programs a possibility? How can I find schools that are accredited to provide certifcate programs? How can I spot and avoid certifcate scams?

No comments: